Chevrolet Aveo - Not a bad little Car !!!.

I rented a Chevrolet Aveo for 5 days and it is a nice little car that is BIG on the Inside. Its made by GM / Dawoo plant. I got 37 mpg on the freeway 1.6L engine going from las vegas to disneyland and back. The car seems to be up higher then most cars - feels like its a small van almost from the height. Plenty of power going up the steep hills too... Its quiet inside the cabin too. My Brother has a 2005 hyundai Accent and i drove that too and its noisy inside. lots of engine noise in the Hyundai. The only thing I did not like about it was it had tinted windows and im not used to that in day or night. I like untinted windows as i can see better and the true colors of the sky and brake lights and whats around me. This is a very nice car. Fit and finish are down right good with No Rattles inside from anything. When my 2000 Cavalier does die ( Which I hope it does not ) I will by this car. GM needs to make 1 more change to it - and that is to put a Timing chain in it instead of a belt. My 2000 Cavalier has a timing chain and i dont have to worry about replacing that as they seldom brake. Good going GM. Oh and another change would be nice have it made in America with American parts. My Review of the 2005 Aveo. Brian Bower - Las Vegas

Reply to
Captain Crane

I'm not one to spam, but as a follow up, I have the same sort of glowing recommendation for the Chevy Optra (aka Suzuki Forenza). Big inside, small outside, and I'm getting 600 km from a 55L gas tank. Plus I got a manual transmission in a station wagon - this must be a first on this side of the Volvo price point in a long time.

Vuarra

Vuarra

Around here ( Chicago ) friends have nick named the Aveo , Avenue 0, a street in an undesirable section of town.

Other nick names for some other models we have are:

Ford Fusion - conFusion Ford Falcon - Falcoon Ford Fiesta - Siesta Chevy Lumina - Aluminum Chevy Beretta - Baretta ( TV Show ) Dodge Durango - Duringo GMC Jimmy - Yumping Yimminy. Honda Accord - Accorn Nissan Maxima - Maximum or Minimum Nissan Pulsar - Pulsate Olds Achiva - Under Achiver Olds Eighty Eight - 68, 78 88, 98, Hike ! Audi TT - TIT Toyota MR2 - Tumor or Mister 2 VW Golf - Fore ! Cadillac Seville - The Barber of Seville Cadillac Eldorado - EL Dough Ray doh. Yugo GL - You Go_______Slow Any Subaru model - U R A BUS ( Subaru spelled backwards ).

Harryface

05 Park Avenue, 32,062 91 Bonneville LE 304,421
Reply to
Harry Face

I call those old Ford Escort GTs an "Escort Garbage Truck" because they are usually very rusty and filled with junk inside.

-DS

Reply to
Dennis Smith