I have a 94 2.2l Cavalier 200,000 miles.
About 6 months ago the number 1 and 4 injector started leaking.
externally .. I can smell and see the gas traces. it still runs great,
just smells of gas.
I have bought replacment o-ring kits and changed each one 4 times now.
Cleaned the area where it seats allowed it to dry, lubed the o-rings
I even got the POP sound when they went in, but they still leak,
sometimes more sometimes less.
1) Leaks different amount eachtime I change them
2) Doesn't leak for a day or two afterwards
3) Has been leaking and then stopped for awhile and then started again
4) The blue o-rings fit snugly, and give a good resistance when going
5) The kit comes with 4 o-rings one small for the bottom, one blue for
the top ..do the other 2 go anywhere .. is this what i am missing ?
they are the same size as the blue one but not as thick.
I can't find instructions for this anywhere, local machanics have said
it's a hit and miss sort of thing. I was going to pull a non-leaking
one to look and see if I am missing anything, but I would hate to have
a 3rd leaking. I can't afford to take it anywhere ... any tips ??