Chevy 305 in 80 Olds Cutlass?

Gentlemen:

I've thought about putting my old Nova's 305 in a Cutlass (1980). Will it fit and, if so, any special mods I will need to make?

Jack.

Reply to
Jack M. King

What motor did it come with?

Reply to
noname
307 or 350 Olds would make a nicer, easier swap.

Reply to
Lee Richardson

1979 might have had the dual bolt pattern TH-350 because it was the last year of Olds starfire was manufactured. Its V8 version had Chevrolet built 305 and TH-350. This also made possible to get almost any Olds with 305 as a dealer option. At 1980 this wasn't possible anymore and it's not likely to own a 1980 Th-350 with dual pattern.

Anyway I would give an effort to replace 260 with some "nickel free" 305. If you want it light get a late model Olds 307 with roller cam and a _good_ carburetor. If you want it to grunt get an Olds 455 and machanic double pumper carb. It will fit very easily even with A/C. In the 455 case you might want to change the front coil springs to heavy duty springs too ;)

-TH

If you have that type of setup, you can go with

Reply to
Tero Huikko

Reply to
eightupman