Clutch ..maybe

Because most of the time it won't disengage completely . 89 Chevy p/u ,

4.3 V6 with a 5 speed . This clutch has never released to my satisfaction . I've replaced the entire hydraulic system , bled it multiple times , and still it won't release completely . I'm almost ready to pull the trans to check the clutch arm and related parts inside the bellhousing . I'm hoping someone can give me some advice that will fix it before I have to go that far .
Reply to
Snag

Explain "won't disengage completely." Are you saying there is no free play in the pedal when the clutch is fully released?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I'm saying that the clutch drags when the pedal is fully depressed . If I try to drop it into reverse without going into 5th to stop the gears from spinning , it grinds and will not go into gear . I have to shove it into 1st when stopped , and changing gears while moving is a bitch . If anything there is too much free play on the pedal . When I installed the new slave cylinder , the supplied pushrod would not disengage the clutch at all . The one in there now appears to be a valve train type pushrod , and is longer than the supplied one . The clutch free play is supposed to be self-adjusting on this clutch , there is no adjustment anywhere . I'm beginning to suspect a bent or broken clutch arm inside the bellhousing . Not much else would explain the symptoms ...

Reply to
Snag