GM 3.8 with 4T65E transmission light towing ?

I need to ocaissionally l tow a lightly loaded ( wt) 5X10 cargo trailer local . I would like to buy a hitch and trans cooler from

for my 1998 Olds Delta 88 ( 3.8 v6 with a 4T65E automatic transaxel ) . Will this transmission take it ? - thanks

Reply to
nospam4me

IMO: I would not ever hook a trailer to a unibody car. I'm not worried about the tranny as much as I would the body of the car. I think the V-6 would handle the load, but NOT the tranny nor the body. Check the owners manual and see if it is even rated to tow.

Reply to
Eightupman

Reply to
nospam4me