GM needs a new word

Thank god I'm not alone. the 300M is the UGLIEST car I've seen in awhile, so is the magnum.

Reply to
Paradox

I'm still amazed that a car as ugly as the 300M can sell so well because people have been duped into thinking it has a hemi under the hood. It makes me wonder if the AMC Pacer and Gremlin would be collector cars if "HEMI" had been written on the fenders. NAW!!!

Reply to
StingRay

Then you need to think, over priced, under powered, bad dealers, head gasket and timing belt problem, trannys that slip, dash rattles, water leaks, warped rotor, and engine destroying OIL SLUDGE. Just a few of the problems that regularly surface in the Toyota NGs. No manufacture builds a perfect vehicle every time. They ALL build some that have problem on occasion. That is why they all have a warranty, even RR. The only real difference among them is style and price. ;)

mike hunt

Duane wrote:

Reply to
BigJohnson

What is selling the 300 car is VALUE. It has the superior handling of RWD and at a better price. One can buy a V8 300 with a five speed automatic for the price of a smaller loaded FWD V6 Camry. The 300s V6 is even less expensive ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
BigJohnson

I don't like the look of the 300 or Magnum either, but then I think the Dodge trucks look absurd as well.

The formula for modern design success is to produce a polarizing design which at least 20% of the potential buyers think is absolutely great. Ideally half the people absolutely love it and half the people absolutely hate it.

Speaking of which, the Gremnin and it's sister the Hornet where not bad looking cars for their time and class at all. Now the Pacer :(.....

John

Reply to
John Horner

Methinks it's a bit early to conclude that the 300C is "VALUE" for the money, in the absence of a track record of quality or reliability. "Perceived VALUE" perhaps, but "VALUE", I question. But this thread was talking about the so-called "HEMI". The "HEMI" moniker has more to do with perceived performance than "VALUE". ;-)

Reply to
StingRay

Yes but getting a V8 with 345 HP driving the right set of wheel for the price of a 220 HP V6 driven the wrong set of wheels in the VALUE many buyers prefer, when it come to Chrysler, whether you agree or not. The RWD 300 is far outsell the old FWD 300. ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
BigJohnson

Change your oil and filter often and keep all of your receipts

Ivan Mctavish

Stranger things have either turned on or turned off public perception of a vehicle. I had almost forgotten about those cars. I'm having a flashback now to that old George Burns/John Denver movie "Oh God!" Didn't Denver's character drive one of those?

Reply to
James C. Reeves

I bought the '99 Camry for us to try and to see if Toyota really did build a better car. The car was old enough that it didn't cost that much to buy and if I wanted to sell it I wouldn't lose much. Further, if it sucked less to run Toyota than my other GM's, I would be happy. If Toyota sucked too then I would try Nissan or some other brand.

The good news is that Toyota made me happy.

For me the experiment was worth it, my Toyotas are not perfect, but they are far and away better than I expected.

YMMV,

Chuck in Phoenix

Reply to
Chuck

James, I'm too young to remember that movie! ;-) Yah, right! I still remember an aunt of mine remarking that the Pacer looked like a pregnant lady-bug.

Reply to
StingRay

I happened to be visiting a friend in Syracuse, New York when I first saw that movie in the theater. Geez....that must have been around spring 1977 or so, I'd say.

A lady-bug is as good of a description as any. Definitely odd.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

There is no way one can judge any brand, good or bad, by the ONE they have owned? Particularly if they bought that ONE used. When one buys a used vehicle there is no way of knowing how it was used or abused or whether it was serviced properly or not, get real.

mike hunt

Chuck wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2