Main bearing questions

I got a set of main bearings for my SBO 350 and they all had a drilled hole in the except for one. Is this normal? Which main cap does this go with?

Reply to
Weedahoe

Factory fubar ! Always check new parts, sometimes disgruntled employees pull shit, or " honest " mistakes happen. Bearings have part # stamped on shells.

Reply to
451 CTDS

each half has a hole OR each set only has one hole? The normal bearings have one hole in the center of each upper shell half. If you have one upper that doesn't have a hole it is easy enough to drill and counterbore the hole, it is 1/8". If they all have holes but one then just make sure it is used inside a middle cap.

Reply to
Steve W.