Missing coolant on Corsa B 1.6L MPFI

Hola from Mexico I just found some missing coolant on my Opel Corsa B (25,000 km), 1.6 MPFI, The oil is clean, no traces of coolant on it, no wet spots on the floor, also there is no steam on the windshield so I guess there are no problems with the heather core, the cap was tight closed and there is no overheating so far, Is it normal to lose coolant by normal operation? :? Thank you in advance.

Is there a forum for the european GM brands like Opel/Vauxhall? In Mexico this car is brtanded Chevy by Chevrolet...

Reply to
JMendez

No, it's not normal to lost any coolant. Good thing you spotted the shortage and can keep looking for the source. You could pressure test the system with a gauge and the leak should show that way. Pull the plugs and look for a clean one from the steam. I hope it is an external leak. I'm not familiar with your model. It probably has a manual transmission. With an automatic you would also check the transmission for coolant leaking through the cooler core.

Reply to
Al Bundy

"" wrote: > JMendez wrote: > > Hola from Mexico > > I just found some missing coolant on my Opel Corsa B (25,000 > km), 1.6 > > MPFI, The oil is clean, no traces of coolant on it, no wet > spots on > > the floor, also there is no steam on the windshield so I > guess there > > are no problems with the heather core, the cap was tight > closed and > > there is no overheating so far, Is it normal to lose coolant > by normal > > operation? :? > > Thank you in advance. > >

MsFortune

Thank you for your answer, Yes the Corsa/Chevy it?s a manual 5 speed, kinda tiny car, I already replaced the missing coolant (Less than one quart) and will keep an eye on it, already checked the plugs and all of them look the same, the coolant deposit has a valve, my bet is that valve, I also checked the interior for stains or coolant odor and there is not any of these. I remember that when almost brand new i took it to a warranty repair on a camshaft cover gasket... I wonder if they moved some clamp on a hose or like that. I will check that this next weekend. will post the findings

Reply to
JMendez