name of that rubber strip that seals the windshield to the body of car?

On my car the piece of rubber that runs the perimeter of the windshield and seals it with the body the car is showing its age and starting to shrivel and crack. I would like to buy new ones to reseal but don't know what they are call exactly. Is there a proper name for it? If I call up the deal what exact name should I say?

Reply to
Orc General

reveal moulding?

Reply to
Paradox

Is your machine a pretty old one? Back in 1955 the Chevrolet service manual called the item you are describing as a "rubber windshield channel."

Reply to
Silver Surfer

Are you confident in changing it without cracking the glass? It can be done, but there is a high risk.

Reply to
Al Bundy