Metro Radio help, please...

Okay, I haven't seen it yet but according to my sister, the radio in her Metro is showing a 'C' and there's no music.

I'm hoping the original owner left the sticker on the radio and I can simply program it in but...

1: How do I program it in, please? I haven't seen the unit but she tells me there are 4 presets and I reckon it's a case of using each preset from L-R to enter the code; press once for 1; press twice for two, etc. As I had to do for my Ford Orion - or is there another method please?

2: If there is no number, is it a dealer job? Or can someone point me in the direction of a website that can decode some other number on the radio unit to produce the unlock code. Or is there some other answer please...

Thanks.

Cotku

Reply to
Cotku

Thanks Robert, for your advice.

I haven't seen the car radio yet; my sister is 'up north' on work related stuff and hasn't contacted me. I'm still assuming that the extensive work I did on the cooling system is holding up okay.

When she finally brings the car around, I'll have your advice on hand to back up my original idea for programming the radio again.

Again, many thanks,

Keith

Reply to
Cotku