Power Assisted Trunk Problem

The power assisted trunk latch on my 1992 Park Avenue has crapped out. The trunk will latch but not close completely. Does anybody know how to bypass the latch to avoid replacing the power assisted mechanism? I know the dealer would want bitg bucks to replace it. Thanks!

Reply to
ramone

On a friends 1991 Lincoln Continental the latch was able to be removed and mounted lower, so the lid would close all the way.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~266,400 miles_~_~~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Is it possible the problem is just a blown fuse? That happened to me with a

Reply to
Roy G. Bragg

that and Junkyards are your friend for that kind of thing, why pay a dealer a couple hundred bucks for a part that will work just as well used? for 75?

"education is the progressive discovery of our own ignorance" --Will Durant "people who read the tabloids deserve to be lied to " Jerry Seinfeld "if we don't have a sense of humor, we can't have a sense of perspective --Wayne Thiboux

Reply to
Dennis

Thanks -- I did try a fuse replacement.

Right but couldn't the latch be lowered manually so the lid would close?>

Reply to
ramone