question about obd1

just curious..... i was reading in my haynes manual about putting a jumper from the a &b terminal on the obd1 diagnostic port to get the trouble codes to flash on the instrument panel... i noticed it said to not turn the engine over or start the vehicle when the jumper was in place and am just cutious what would happen in that event.

Reply to
vanman

With GM cars it goes into field diagnostic mode where the Service engine light flashes according to:

  1. Open/Closed loop.
  2. When in closed loop, the leaness or richness of the mixture. Fast flashing is rich, slow is lean.
Reply to
dbx1912DeLeTe_Me

It doesn't hurt anything, in fact that is how you set the timing on my s-10.

Reply to
Eugene

Reply to
vanman