Re: Frame repair

Anyone know if this can be fixed. 1995 Geo Metro rest of car in very good

> shape, only has surface rust. > >
Reply to
Shep

Shep

Reply to
Al Bundy

Agreed. Corrosion to this degree is a lost cause. I can't tell if it's a cradle from the pictures, but if it is, it can be replaced - if you can find one in decent shape. Still - probably costs more than the car is worth. The problem with this stuff is that once you start yanking things apart you just find more and more and more and more of less and less and less.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Thanks for the replies, this is what I was looking for anyone with similar experience and if they had it fixed or junked. Local Bodyshop I have a history with (Bad habit of hitting deer with vehicles) that does frame repair is going to look at it on Monday and give me an idea of the cost. It is not something I trust my welding ability to, if the cost to repair is reasonable based on many factors, I will get it done if not I will strip it down and part it out before sending to the wreckers. We have lots of these running around in this area and some people may want/need the good parts off it.

Reply to
Mike Bowden