Reset check engine light

Anyone know how I can reset the check engine light in a 94 Geo Metro?

Reply to
Adam Corolla

Do a search on OBD 1 tools/scanners. OBDII came out in 96.

Reply to
SgtSilicon

un hook the neg battery cable and leave it of for a min and the put it back on it will reset the computer and the light should go off

Reply to
jimmyh

Thanks!

Reply to
Adam Corolla

As long as he fixed the problem.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Mackie

The diag code said the EGR valve was toast. I took it out and cleaned it up, it was fairly gunked up with crusty soot. The check engine light hasn't come on since.

Reply to
Adam Corolla