service bulletins

I recently purchased an o5 pontiac G6 from my local dodge dealer(obviously a trade in) I later discovered it has a bad leak when it rains. There was a service bulletin issued for this problem but whos suppose to fix it, the dealer I bought it from or do I have to go to a gm/pontiac dealer? thanks.

Reply to
robert esposito

Technical Service Bulletins (TSBs) are issued by the manufacturer to the dealerships explaining a common technical problem that has cropped up, and how to fix it. These are not the same as recalls, and are usually not a free fix.

Reply to
SRN

The service bulletin is simply an advisory so the GM dealerships will know how to fix the problem. Those bulletins are available for anyone to see, so your Dodge dealer can get it. As far as who should fix the car - the dealer you bought it from should fix it under warranty (his used car sales warranty), if you're still under warranty.

Reply to
Mike Marlow