The Party is Over..Toyota Quality Takes a Dump

Call you dealer and give them the VIN#, WBMA. They can advise you if your vehicle is eligible for the extended warranty related to what Toyotas refer to as gelling

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Everybody needs to understand that Mike is lying. Unless he can actually back up these claims (he can't 'cause they are not true), pay no attention to him. He is only here for one reason, and this is to discredit Toyota 'cause Ford can't compete with them. Everytime this subject comes upo, he all of a sudden has even more first hand knowledge and now claims to have seen a half dozen sludged up engines in his fleet. How many years ago was this? Funny how he is just now mentioning this.

There are no TSBs for sludge. There are no sludged up engines were the owner can prove oil changes, some claim but no proof, and certainly no sludged up engines when serviced at a dealer. Hunt claimed once to have seen the official letter, but evidently he was the only one they showed it to and they destroyed the only copy after showing it to him.

Reply to
ToMh

Yea, me too! Paul

quote "I am still waiting for the GM 3.4 L intake manifold gasket repair recall! "

Reply to
Paul

My 02 Highlander was recalled. It took less than 5 minutes. Apparently a clamp on some gas tank to fuel line "might" be turned slightly. Thus the recall/inspection. Apparently there was the possibility of this clamp if in the wrong position maybe hitting the vehicle floor pan in an accident.

But it was a recall statistic.

Reply to
ron

The problem is.....I want independent sources for this. Not that my dealer would lie, but I have questioned them at length about a possible sludge problem. They have told me all the TSB & recalls that applied to my vehicle so far. They have had sludge cars in their facility, that according to them, one owner never changed their oil at 67000 miles. I just wonder for my own satisfaction if I should pull the valve cover off some weekend and have a look.?? or do synthetic.

Reply to
MikeG

You can go to this NHTSA site

and click on the "Technical Service Bulletins" link and search TSB's yourself or click on the "Recalls" link and search recalls. You can read for yourself how to determine whether a vehicle has engine oil gelling or not.

I am not aware of any cases of oil gelling in an engine that has had its oil changed every 3,000 miles. The cases I am aware of had all had extended oil change intervals.

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" wrote in news:1803f$44c401b1$47e40e57$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

I hope they didn't give a free repair to the idiot who went 67000 miles and never changed their oil.

Reply to
grappletech

Same old same old. Get real the widely published fact that Toyota extend the warranty on the effected engine to eight years, unlimited mileage, authorized dealers to 'clean repair or replace any engine exhibiting 'gelling,' as Toyota refers to the sludge problem, and changing the head on all of the effected engines built after August of 2003, as published in Automotive News and other trade magazines at the time, proves it was not owner neglect. No matter how many times you chose to believe of say otherwise teh fact will not change.

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Too late now, apparently you missed it.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That is true of most recalls, they are minor and generally do not effect all of the vehicles recalled. The current Toyota recall of loss of steering control is a different story. According to published reports, Toyota executives were trying to hide the fact for many years by repairing cars when they came in for service.. Several apparently have been charged criminally in Japan, after two cars collided and several people died.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Why do that? If your car is indeed eligible for the extended warranty and has an indication of gelling the dealer will do that at no charge. Have you switched to synthetic oil as Toyota now suggests? I would, if I had not.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The 2003 engines were a completly new engine, dumbass. The whole sludge thing happend long before that. You don't know what you are talking about, so go away, troll.

Reply to
ToMh

Denial in not a river, the warranty extension was for previous built and sold models. You don't know what you are talking about, so go away, troll. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Nice diversion try, but you weren't talking about the waranty externsion, you were talking about the head changes. Face it you're a lying troll. Unless you can prove the shit you're spewing, shut the f*ck up!

Reply to
ToMh

You are the one who is wrong as usual. I never said there was a recall on the head. I said was Toyota was using a new head design on all cars built after of August 2003. Do a search and educate yourself, WBMA You don't know what you are talking about again, so go away, troll. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Who said you said there was a recal on the heads? You don't even know what your arguing about.

You said this, amoungst other things that were not true.

"Toyota issued numerous TSBs, change the head on all effected engines, built as of August of 2003. Switched to a synthetic oil recommendation"

There were no "numerous TSBs" on the affected engines. The effected engines do not include 2003 models, so I have no idea why you think this has anything to do with this. There also was no recommendation to switch to synthetic oils for the affected engines. Also you never saw a document from Toyota saying that engines serviced at the dealer showed sludge problems. I also suspect you're lying about any first hand knowledge you are claiming, 'cause that's what you do, lie. The only truth is the extended waranty, and nobody is disputing that, 'cause like the reset of your crap, that actually happened.

Reply to
ToMh

The dealer did not......customer threatened to take them to court.

Reply to
MikeG

My He's a lier for sure.

Reply to
Some O

"MikeG" wrote in news:jxdxg.384$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

LOL....the dude doesn't change his oil for 67K miles and then expects a free repair or will sue! Nothing surprises me anymore.

Reply to
grappletech

Was bending my ear to the next "customer" who wanted his tires replaced because they have worn out. 40K miles. He could not show evidence he had ever rotated/balanced since new. Of course he was all ticked off and left some of his tread on the service driveway.

Reply to
MikeG