Toyota blames costs, not UAW, for NUMMI pullout

First, there is no need for name-calling. Not even kids on my soccer team do that. OF course, being in first and second grade, they are smarter than Mike.

Second, the market is not "ever growing." The market has been shrinking each year since 2006.

Further, if GM cars are so great, there is no reason why they should have a smaller market share, unless they can't keep up with demand. Yet, with all the plant closings, that is hardly the case.

Jeff

snipped-for-privacy@u16g2000pru.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Jeff

First, there is no need for name-calling. Not even kids on my soccer team do that. OF course, being in first and second grade, they are smarter than Mike.

Second, the market is not "ever growing." The market has been shrinking each year since 2006.

Further, if GM cars are so great, there is no reason why they should have a smaller market share, unless they can't keep up with demand. Yet, with all the plant closings, that is hardly the case.

Jeff =================================================

Be serious Jeff. Yes, Mike is an idiot, but in this case, he is right. Regardless of market share, GM still sells more vehicles then *any* other auto maker in the USA. GM also sells more vehicles now with its small market share, then it did when it had almost half of the market years ago. As for "greatness", some of you ToyoNuts think Toyota builds vehicles directly from God, so tell me, why don't they have the highest market share in the USA, and why don't they sell more vehicles then GM?

Reply to
80 Knight

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

First, I don't think Toyota builds cars directly from God.

Second, Toyota sold twice as many cars in 1978 (it highest selling year ever) than last year. In fact, the last time GM had a year with as few sales as last year was 1959. So, no, GM did not sell more cars per year recently compared with the 1960s, 1970s or 1980s.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Crappy stereos and too much road noise in the cabin.

Reply to
edspyhill01

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:24:50 -0400, Mike fired up the etcha-a-sketch and scratched out:

And unfortunately, many morons bought their cars/trucks with cash obtained from refinancing their over-valued homes.

Now look where we are...

Reply to
PerfectReign

First, I don't think Toyota builds cars directly from God.

Second, Toyota sold twice as many cars in 1978 (it highest selling year ever) than last year. In fact, the last time GM had a year with as few sales as last year was 1959. So, no, GM did not sell more cars per year recently compared with the 1960s, 1970s or 1980s.

Jeff =============================================

GM sells more vehicles in the USA *now* then any other manufacturer, that is my point.

Reply to
80 Knight

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

You also said, "GM also sells more vehicles now with its small market share, then it did when it had almost half of the market years ago."

GM sold fewer cars last year than any other year since before man has been going into space. I was pointing out that GM is selling fewer cars, despite the larger total size of the market.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

and now want somebody else to bail them out. To hell with that.

Reply to
dbu''

That is one Jap car one sees on occasion, as well as a RX7, but even they are rare. The fact is Jap cars of the day rusted away and parts are expensive IF you can find parts.

The type of buyer that buy Jap cars are not the type to keep them, anymore they would keep their refrigerator or washing machine.

Reply to
Mike