Transmission Question

I have a 91 Corsica with a 4 cylinder automatic Recently the the car has been taking longer to switch from first to second i.e from normal to about 35 mph and now closer to 40 mph. My guess is modulator and trannie service. any other ideas????

Thanks Mike

BTW Thanks to all on the other problem it was the atternator

Reply to
Anarchist

Check the throttle valve cable from the throttle body to the transmission, make sure it's not broken or hung up or something..

Reply to
Robert Hancock

You sound on track. For the ultimate in satisfaction add a drain plug, I drill a hole in clear corner, weld a fine thread nut to inside of pan. A fine thread bolt, washer, and rubber washer make up the plug.

The play is, when you drain trans, you only get a little out, unlike an oil change, most fluid stays in transmission circuts. If you change fluid, be prepared to do it again in a few hundred miles. Mobil 1 synthetic trans fluid is a great way to go. Change after 500 miles, than once a year, after about 3 change outs, you'll be amazed how good fluid looks.

Reply to
451ctds