window opener

My duaghter droken the thing you open your window with (a winder) 0n her 98 neon. it is a manually operated one can anyone tell us how to fix it if we get one from a scrap yard

Reply to
aann458110

Usually those handles can be removed easily, either by removing a screw which holds it on, or by releasing a clip which is built into the handle but is against or inside of the door panel.

This is primarily a GM newsgroup, and most GMs use the internal clip method. This is easily released with a special tool available at most any parts store. Not an expensive tool, by the way.

I don't know what the uses. It should be pretty easy to push the door panel inward, and pull the handle outward, and take a look inside to see if there is a clip and how it is installed.

Reply to
<HLS

I googled this: "remove window handle dodge". The first article led me to a link:

. This diagram is of a 96neon, should be the same deal?This diagram is of how to remove the door panel, which I know you donot want to do. But the first step in removing the door panel is toremove the window crank and this has a quick note about how to do that. It says there is a U shaped clip holding it on. It says it can be removed with door handle removal tool or a very flat screwdriver. Basically try to look behind the window handle. Push the cloth lining of the door back with your hand so you can see behind it. Try to rotate whats left of the handle enough to make the U shaped clip be in a position easiest for you to pull up. Or perhaps having the U shaped at the bottom might be easier. Then you could push down on the clip, on the open side of the clip.

Reply to
Mike_D