Latest threads in General Motors Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

GM Protection Plan Basic Guard Coverage
My 2002 Chevy Monte Carlo has 6, 000 miles to go on manufacturers warranty. I'm thinking of purchasing an extended warranty GM Protection Plan - Basic Guard coverage - the information site at gives...

Geo metro timing belt question
I replaced the water pump on my '96 Geo Metro so decided to replace the timing belt while I had it apart. After reassembly the timing belt is trying to come off the spockets. The idler is bolted onto...

More on 3800 engine missing
Previously I posted a note regarding a slight miss at low rpm's (1500-2200) or so. No computer codes...nothing shows on diagnostics. It was suggested as maybe one of the coils, as the wires and plugs...
1
1

Re: what's up with J-body.org?
"Jason D." wrote I haven't seen many young guys here trying to "cool" up their J-cars. Ian
4
4

Buick engine compatibility
Well, here's my situation: I've got an '86 Buick Park Avenue that had its transmission rebuilt only about 400 miles ago. It was involved in a wreck, and the body damage makes it undrivable and far too...
1
1

GMdude is the best
Thanks GMdude. You da man! Tried your first recommendation on my stuck door. Did not have a red plastic tube to fit the can of WD40 so just sprayed as much as I could inside the door with the push...
1
1

Re: what's this blinking light?
its a feature of the radio. the blink means it s security feature is active. if (radio) removed from the vehicle it will not function, unless enabled by dealer, or someone with a service computer.

Parts Interchangibility between Buick and Chevy
I am the proud owner of a 1992 Chevy Lumina APV 3.1 that has been sitting in my driveway like forever... due to a fuel leak, the engine caught fire...and the van has been sidelined ever since. I have...
1
1

junking astro van in rochester ny
anyone in the rochester area need any astro parts before it goes to the graveyard?. 1992 with a blown motor..two wheel drive 4 speed auto trans is good..window van with all good doors and...

Timing Marks - 1992 4.3
1992 Astro, 4.3 with a Z in the VIN # While playing with the transmission (tonite's lesson was the value of having a transmission jack) - I looked up at the front of the engine and was surprised to...
1
1

96 Potiac Transport Oil Leak
Hello i have a Transport Van., I have this small leak that coming from under the van. If anyone no of this being a problem for these van (Lumina APV, Transport, Olds Sillouette) the van only has bout...
3
3

Clearing computer codes
I was wondering if it is possible to clear the computer codes in a 97 Venture without having to pay a garage $50 to do it a, no one around here offers a free service.
3
3

30K Service for 2002 Monte Carlo
My 2002 Monte Carlo has reached 30,000 miles... about 16 months of highway driving. One problem fixed under warranty, car is very reliable otherwise. The dealer recommended a 30K service costing about...
6
6

Re: 99 bonneville door locking security
it is a delay to keep you from locking keys in car. my 97 Bonne works the same way. this is a selectable option, your owner's manual will tell you how to change it.

FS Chevelle SS w/ 454
had to relist this due to a non paying bidder. This is a great chance to own an SS with a 454. It is NOT an original big block car, however it is an original SS small block car that has a 454 sitting...
1
1