1990 Accord Timing belt replacement

I had the timing belt replaced about 5 years ago in my 1990 accord. That was at 50,000 mi. I undestand now that the replacement period has increased with new belt technology. With a 5 year old belt what is the new replacement mileage?

Bob

Reply to
Apple Dumpling

I have a 1993 Accord which is the same generation. The interval for timing belt replacement is and always was 90,000 miles. I replaced my belt along with the water pump at 102,000 miles. I now have 150,000 miles on it and plan to replace it again if I make it to 200,000 miles. Rich

Reply to
Rich

I could have sworn that it uas 50,000 mi. But I liiked it up and your right. Looks like I have many miles to go yet. I got 90,000 mi in 15 years. Looks like I will die before my Honda. Thanks

Bob

Reply to
Apple Dumpling

According to the manual, the interval for United States 1990-93 Accords is

90k miles/6 years, whichever comes first.

With some exceptions, posts here over the years have generally indicated people think both limits (miles and time) are worth heeding.

Reply to
Elle

Remember, that 6 years is as important as the mileage. Belts will deteriorate over time.

G-Man

Reply to
G-Man

Bob