2005 Accord: foggy windows (when rainy)

Hi,

I'm having this problem with windshield and side windows. Switching ventillation fans to direct flow to windows doesn't help much. What does help: turning on air-conditioner...but it gets pretty cold in the car that way. Is this a problem with Honda cars?..my other car: Subaru - doesn't have this problem.

Thanks, Boris

Reply to
Boris

------------------------------

The manual probably suggests turning on the AC and the heat at the same time. Works for me. Sometimes turning recirc on will dry all the air inside, rather than sucking in damp outside air. It's a great manual.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Why is it getting cold? Don't you have the temperature turned to warm?

Just make sure the AC button is lit, the fan is on, and the temperature knob turned to a temperature you want. AC isn't about making cold air; it's about making DRY air. Let the AC dry the air, then let the system make sure the air is at a comfortable temperature for you as it blows it out.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

LOL! Adjust the temperature setting to the temperature you find comfortable.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Smith

Yes, I believe it is common in Honda Accords. I drive a 1996 Honda Accord 25th Anniversary Edition and I had the same problem from the beginning. In a cold rain or a snowy day, the windows would fog up and stay fogged up. I tried using the setting that used reheated the auto compartment air and that only made it worse.

My own particular solution: 1) Use ONLY the heater selection that heats INCOMING air. 2) Turn the heater thermostat and fan up all the way. 3) Select the full defrost setting. 4) Press the ON button of the air conditioner. The windows will de-fog. The air conditioner will not significantly cool the air flow but will dehumidify it. 4) Turn off the air conditioner 5) Return the heater thermostat and fan settings to their normal (that is, MEDIUM settings. 6) Select the button that send heated air to both the passenger compartment and windshield defoggers. The windows should now remain clear. (as long as the defoggers can keep the glass warm.)

Despite this quirk, my Accord in the most reliable car that I have ever driven. I intend to keep it for a LONG time.

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
homehive

I don't know about the 2005 Accord,but in my 2004 Civic,when I put it in Defrost,the air conditioner automatically comes on without the AC light lighting. I understand in Canadian models the AC light does come on.( I don't understand why the difference). Same recommendation about temp setting.

Reply to
Ernest Cassirer