2005 Accord hybrid gauge

The battery gauge for the electric motor batteries never goes above 4 horizontal stripes on our Accord dashboard. Sometimes it goes down to 3. Owner's manual shows it with as many as 6 horizontal stripes and also says it can often read high. I was wondering what the gauge in other cars were reading. Thanks.

Reply to
Art

Dunno about the Honda IMA system, but I imagine it is not too different from the Toyota SHS in this regard: the reading should stay around midrange most of the time. After drawing a lot from the batteries (like long uphill runs) the reading will be low and after long downhills it will be high. That's just the way it works.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee