2005 CR-V SE dashboard light out

Hello,

Just bought the car and when turn on the headlight at night, the right side in the dashboard is lit, but the left side (rpm, gear...etc) is not lit up... including the radio and A/C control are not lit up.

Dealer ordered a brand new instrument cluster, but change that would fix the light on radio and a/c? Any input?

Reply to
hl0904

It does seems a little overboard, but unless the dealer is an idiot, it must be one way to fix it.

Reply to
Doug McCrary

----------------------

In 90 seconds, you can slip out the cluster, change the one bulb, and put it back in.

They get paid for the markup on the (hugely expensive) part, obviously.

(as inspecttor Cluoseau would say)

Swine Dealer

Reply to
motsco_ _

they're dinging you for a whole new cluster just because a bulb's gone??? RUN AWAY! find yourself an honest repair shop. bulb less than a buck.

Reply to
jim beam

RUN AWAY! find yourself an honest repair shop. bulb less than a buck.

Reply to
Sid Schweiger

Well I am not being charged on anything... it's all on the dealer... I suspect the cause was when they remove the alarm from the car, maybe it somewhere shortened the circuit... the "auto" on the auto window lit up... but everything else is pretty much dark.

I already called Honda in Torrance and documented this... so once they have the cluster and the car will be in for repair... if still not working and I have to come in more than one or two more times... I am going to get the lemon law applies it.

Reply to
hl0904

Chill, man! This is not a major defect. Hondas and Toyotas are the most trouble free vehicles out there, but every now and then there is a problem. The dealer will order the parts, fix the problem and you'll be on your merry way. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

And let's hope that's the way it will be!!!

Reply to
hl0904