2007 Honda CRV won't hold a charge

The dealer is towing it in for the 3rd time today. If we go 2 or 3 days without driving the vehicle, the battery is low enough that it will not crank the engine. The first two times they found no problem and just charged the battery. The last time the dealer had it he checked for discharge and he replaced the battery.

We have turned all the interior lights and everything off so it is not an open door. This is getting a little old.

Reply to
Nada Chance

Obviously a bad alternator. Make sure they replace it.

Reply to
Dan C

Reply to
Woody

Every thing is honda installed. No add-ons.

Reply to
Bruce

Yeah, yeah. It's a bad alternator. Bet on it.

A: Because it destroys the logical flow of a thread of comments, and makes it difficult to keep up with a conversation.

Q: Why do so many people object to top posting?

A: Writing your reply to a message above what you are referring to rather than below it.

Q: What is "top posting"?

Reply to
Dan C

I like top posters. Otherwise I have to scroll down to read every message.

Reply to
Art

Don't know if its a problem on the '07, but on my '06 the light in the glove box does not always go off when the box is closed. It would take a pretty long time for that one little bulb to run down the battery, but it still might be worth a look.

Reply to
E Meyer

Me too. Not to mention the fact that every modern newsreader I have encountered in the past couple of years defaults to top posting for replies.

I think it is simply a resurgence of the same anal retentive flaming that went on a decade ago when there were a few who still had their original teletype terminals and went ballistic whenever anyone didn't cut all the previous discussion in his comments.

As far as the "A: Q: A: Q:" below. That is not t> I like top posters. Otherwise I have to scroll down to read every message. >

Reply to
E Meyer

See my response to the other ignoramus. It applies to you, also.

Reply to
Dan C

No, the power coupling on the negative axis has been polarized. Very common on CVR's.

Reply to
Frode Hansen

The "power coupling on the negative axis", huh?

Did you learn that at Space Camp, or at a Star Trekkie sleepover?

Reply to
Dan C

Same problem on my wife's '07 Odyssey. First time was when it was parked at the airport for 7 days during the summer. 2nd time was last week when we returned after only being gone 5 days.

This morning my wife took it to the dealer and he said it was "normal". Service writer said the "higher demands of the ECU drain the battery quicker".

Tomorrow I am going to call him and if he sticks to that story I'll call Honda regional and see what they have to say. The service writers answer basically translates to "if you drive an Odyssey, you can't go on vacation".

Reply to
Seth

Typical Outhouse Excuse poster. Completely clueless, and stupid to boot.

FOAD.

Reply to
Dan C

Reply to
Don R

"Seth" wrote in news:Wu03j.51$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe09.lga:

What BS;if the car is OFF,the ECU is not doing anything. No "higher demands".

Reply to
Jim Yanik

On 11/27/2007 1:29 PM Dan C spake these words of knowledge:

Jeez. If you've been around long enough to understand the benefits of bottom posting and/or interspersed posting, you should be able to grasp that you cannot educate or otherwise change the mind of those who don't or won't get it.

Give it a rest.

RFT!!! Dave Kelsen

Reply to
Dave Kelsen

Bad attempt at humor, sorry (it's Star Wars btw).

I think you're probably right. If it was an older car, I guess one could try to use a multimeter and measure the flow of current over the different curcuits in the fuse box - and search on from there, but with a 2007 CRV it should not be the owners problem, but the dealership's. A current that empties a car battery in 2 days should be possible to measure and locate.

Reply to
Frode Hansen

Hi, How can you be so definitive? It could be an old battery, it could be the alternator, it could be regulator(imbedded in alternator), it could be simple loose connection or leakagy or something is drawing current. How old is the battery?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Frode Hansen wrote in news:474d8da9$ snipped-for-privacy@news.broadpark.no:

and the response(big lie) from the Honda service person was totally unacceptable and should be reported to the proper Honda representative.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Did you read the subject line? It's a *2007* vehicle. How old do you think the battery is?

He said it's been into the dealer's service department already (twice). A loose connection would have been found.

That leaves what? That's right. The alternator.

Reply to
Dan C