97 Civic speaker removal

Instead of breaking something, I want to ask first. What is the easiest way to replace the rear speakers in a 97 Civic HX? I see clips from the trunk but I'm not sure if I can remove them without breaking them. Also, I assume that I need to remove the speaker connection and splice on push-on type connectors. Which wire is positive and which is negative? I just don't want to wreck anything on my son's car. Thanks!

Mike

Reply to
MinnesotaMike

ck,

Thanks. Sounds like fun. Not the easiest setup, is it?

Mike

Reply to
MinnesotaMike