99 CR-V Rattle noise over bumps

I have a 99 CR-V that makes a rattle noise when it goes over a bump. The struts appear to be ok, and there is no noticeable bounce going over bumps. I just had the front end looked at and they replaced several steering parts (tie rod ends and tie rod ball joints) to tighen up the steering. But this did not change the rattle. The noise happens during a bump, but I wouldn't say that it sounds like the suspension moving up and down.

Reply to
cle0947

-------------------------

If it's a 'klack' that you hear it's probably the notorious stabilizer links. Start here, and sign in and SEARCH if you want to know more:

I haven't done mine but I have the parts in hand.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

thanks Curly

I do most of the work on this myself. Is this a DIY job?

Reply to
cle0947

Did you check the exhaust heat shields?

Reply to
Grahame

Yes, sign in and SEARCH if you want to read many real-life testimonials and decide for yourself.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_