99 Odyssey power door fixes self

The passenger-side power sliding door on our 1999 Odyssey stopped working a month ago. I checked out the fuses and they looked fine, so we decided to just open and close the door manually for the time being. I figured it would cost lots to get it fixed. This morning, the battery was dead on the van (one of the kids had turned on an interior light which was on all night draining the battery). I jumped the van using our other car and VOILA! the passenger-side power sliding door works again. Clearly jumping the van has somehow reset the door and I'm thrilled.

Anyhow....the moral of the story....if your power doors stop working, disconnect/reconnect the battery and they might start working again!

Mike

(P.S. Yes, I know Odyclub is the place for all thing Odyssey, but who can remember yet another id and password??)

Reply to
Mike

Too bad you are too lazy to join and read Odyclub as the door reset is a five minute fix and no pulling the battery and lousing up the computer and other functions of the van.

Reply to
Woody

Lazy? Guilty. Odyclub is an amazing resource. I did end up resetting my password for the site and looking around for some info. Will have to look up info on the door reset. I just got lucky this time and didn't have to do the reset as it was done automatically when the battery died due to a light left on inside the van. Luckily all my radio presets were still there.

Mike

Reply to
Mike