Accord bites the dust

Not bothered at all - I just think you're bending the truth.

Why is that? My '04 V6 gets a tad over 30MPG on the highway, and I'm usually around 75MPH.......

Reply to
L Alpert

I'm not.

Why would you think I'm bending the truth? Do you have different experiences with a similar car?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

He doesn't know, but he can surmise from his experience that I'm not lying.

You, on the other hand, seem to insist that I'm lying. So either you have your own experiences that so indicate, or else you're just an asshole in general.

Which would it be?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Until you prove it - I don't believe you - and since you can't prove it here...

"I'm the King of Siam!" I can say anything I want in a newsgroup without having to prove anything. Are you saying it just has to be in the "realm of believability" for us to take it as fact? I don't buy it. Deal with it. It's not in *my* realm of believability.

- Here's how it is - you state what you say is fact.

- I say you're full of shit.

End of story - You may, or may not, be full of shit, but what does that matter?

Yes.

Again - "If my Auntie had bullocks, she'd be my Uncle!"

WTF does your experience in a different car, different engine, different city different state, different country(?), different driving style, different fuel... have to do with his mpg?

Yet you expect everyone here to take your word as gospel that because you claim to have a '02 4 cyl that's a dog, that no one else (and it would definitely appear that you hold the minority view as to adequacy of the 4cyl) can get good mileage? As you, I believe, said: "Get real!"

I can get 29.5 mpg out of my '06 6 cyl EX 4DR on trips where I'm traversing hilly terrain at an average speed between 75-80 so I really don't think it's a stretch that Elmo could get 35 mpg.

Hell, I got 31.5 with a 2001 Park Av with a passenger and luggage.

Somebody else mentioned it - you either have a problem with your car or maybe a problem with the driver.

Reply to
Say What?

Since you're the fool who is disputing our claims, the onus is on you to prove us wrong.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

I'd guess that your brain has difficulty parsing fact...

JT

(Who's Civic FE gets 40+ mpg in the city..)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

You're wastin' your breath... He don't have no freakin' clue!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

On the other hand, you *can* prove that you're an asshole.

Not only *can* you, you *did*.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

What's your experience?

Further, if you were one out of 30, for example, who had the bad experience, would you insist that the 30 must be lying--because plainly your experience is the norm, not an exception?

Why is the world supposed to accept YOUR experience as the norm?

I posted a single datum point: in that particular car, I got that mileage. I make no claims otherwise. I don't insist that everyone else is getting that.

You have a datum point--but you insist that yours is representative of every similar car out there, bar none.

I let my datum point lie there as a number. Others will kick in with their experiences. You are part of the others.

If your datum point lies statistically outside where the others lie, well, statistics is a well known science.

In the meantime, let's all kick in with our experiences and let the reader make up his own mind.

But for some reason, you're all bent out of shape at the idea that others have different experiences than you have, and that the readers here might not take your experience as the norm. Why does that bother you, that someone reading this thread might come away thinking your experience was the anomaly?

Please notice that no one here is calling you a liar--unlike you, who is calling everyone else a liar. The reader will deduce from that what he will. No doubt he will dismiss your datum point and move on.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Comparison data for anal retentive individuals.

Reply to
L Alpert

Yet you have not proven your own claim. So why should we believe you?

Reply to
L Alpert

High Tech Misfit wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hightech.misfit:

Sorry,it doesn't work that way;the one who made the claim of 35 MPG is the one who needs to show proof. "a" is merely calling him on it. You're asking "a" to prove a negative,that something DIDNT happen.

Now,that 35mpg may be all highway driving.(at 55mph?) Heck,I got 30 mpg with my 94 Integra GSR driving at 80-85 mph from Jax to Orlando,and I'm a leadfoot. But all-city was 24-25mpg.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

No, I simply need to offer it as a datum point.

Evaluate the other data points, and see what you get.

Let's see....you're the only one who's disputing it, so...

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@nntp1.usenetserver.com:

It's not "data",it's a CLAIM to be data.

Again,you're asking him to prove a negative.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

Ah, that's right.

However, his CLAIM that he has a datum point that proves otherwise is...somehow stronger than a claim?

My datum point is my datum point. If you want to sit and argue about it, you'll be on your own. Probably with your hands down your diaper.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Had the 2004 EX4, outstanding car. I think you will really notice the changes made from generation to generation, most are improvements! :)

My 2007 is still not getting the same mileage ...

I never drove your 1993 vintage (my 87 lasted too long!), but presume the new engines deliver more power and more smoothly. Again, try it and see, if you have not already done so.

J.

Reply to
JXStern