Best Rated threads in Honda Cars and Trucksshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

91 civic crank angle senor
i recently did a head gasket on this car and replaced the timing belt. upon successfully starting the car and adjusting the valves, i took it for a drive. at idle it runs fine. about 2 minutes into...
10
10

Oil cap left off after oil change
My sister just found that the oil cap was left off of her 1999 Accord during the oil change over a month ago. Surprisingly, it was less than a quart low. BUT, the oil had attacked her windshield wiper...
10
10

How often does AC need to be recharged?
I can start to notice a slight degradation in the ac. How often does the AC need to be recharged. I can't find anything in the manual about scheduling recharges. I have a 2001 Accord EX.
12
12

putting CV axle back...darn it!
Hi, I am replacing a cv axle on a 92 accord. I got the old one out w/o problems, but I just cannot seem to manage to lock the new one back into the tranny. The splined end goes in 1/2 way and then...
5
5

function difference between EBD and VSA
It looks confused to me between EBD and VSA found on 06 Accord V6. What is it and the difference? I understand the car's computer can detect slippage on one of the wheel and reduce the brake force on...

92 Accord clutch won't disengage
My understanding is the only possible reason for this failure mode is the hydraulic system is malfunctioning. The mechanic I took it to claims that the clutch itself needs replacing. How is it...
6
6

Honda CRV - Timing Belt - Valve/Piston Clearance...
Hi, we just bought a 1998 CRV (128,000 km) and took it to the dealer for a checkup - they mentioned that Honda reccommends changing the timing belt (based on its age). My question is... is there...
8
8

D15A Engine swap
I have a 1991 Civic DX hatchback. It has the original engine and I believe it's a D15A. It's time for an engine swap and I need to know if a D15B will fit in my car or which other Honda engines will...
3
3

BOGGING accord engine...
what up guys.. aite.. i got a problem.. i drive a 96 honda accord lx. 2.2l 4 cyl. 176,000 miles (*yes i kno its a old piece of shit*) last night when i was getting off the highway.. i noticed my...
20
20

Crank Bolt Tightening Debate, what is the issue?
I just joined this group, and I see a heated "crank bolt tightening debate." This debate has forked into several branches and it is difficult to see what the issue is. It started before I joined this...
13
13

1995 Honda SRS light remains after reset.
My 132K miles 1995 Accord's SRS light is on. After performing the task to reset the SRS light, the light failed to extinguish. The SRS light failed to extinguish at any time during the reset...
8
8

front end "clunk" on ’99 crv....
new here, just had a front end question about my ?99 crv. the passenger side has a pronounced "clunk" when hitting a small to medium sized bump in the road. the shop/lot i bought it from in may ?04...
3
3

Camry vs/ Accord?
My 13-year old Camry needs $1000+ of work on it. I have decided to get rid of it and get a new car. I am torn between the a 2005 Accord LX and 2006 Camry LE w/side airbags. I can get a slightly better...
6
6

2001 Accord: Stalls during stop
My Accord (2 door, 4 cyl, 2001, manual, 65,000 Km) engine occasionally just stops as I press the clutch to the floor (while coming to a stop). This is happening about 1 in 20 stops; sometimes two or...

The 2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX
2005 Honda Accord Coupe EX The Honda Accord EX Coupe outfitted with high performance engine, refined exterior and 16-inch alloy wheels has a distinct sporty look. Along with LX features, AM/FM/6-disc...
2
2

resistance specs for upper and lower injectors in dpfi 88 crx dx
I'm currently working on a code 16 intermittent problem and have a credability problem with the aux (lower) injector reading 8.1 ohms. I can't find a testing resistance anywhere that isn't 1.5 to 2.5...
5
5

Odyssey Electric Shock Problem
24
24

Proper way to remove MES connector?
We're trying to solve our 97 Accord SRS light problem. This group supplied the steps to follow and we've located the MES connector . Since the connector is in such and awkward spot, we're having a...

ENGINE IS MAKING A SCREECHING NOISE
i have a manual 1996 honda civic with 100,000 miles on it and today as i started the car from first gear the engine made this nasty screeching noise and this happened in 2nd 3rd and 4th gear also. the...
6
6

'89 Civic questions
I recently bought an '89 Civic with 165K miles for a commuter car, and have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me out with; 1. The car is consuming oil at about a qt/800 miles. The car...
19
19