Buying some rims with tires on them already - advice?

I have an '01 Odyssey LX and need to replace my tires. A local seller has some on Craigslist that come with some nice Honda alloy wheels. They are not exactly the same as the factory alloys that came with the more expensive EX model that year, but they are very close.

My factory size is P215/65R-16 and these are P215/70R-16, so a little larger.

I asked a local Honda service shop if going from 65 to 70 would be a problem, they said absolutely not.

The tires are Goodyear Wranglers. Anyone have an opinion on these?

My feeling is that I'm getting a set of slightly used tires with a good amount of treadwear left AND a set of alloy wheels for what I'd pay just for brand new tires (which is true).

Anyone have a cautionary word on this?

Thanks, Be

Reply to
BE

Make sure they came off a compatible vehicle (don't want calipers to scrape) and don't have any cracks in them (accident).

will tell you all about those tires.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

Thanks, had not thought of the caliper issue.

Bill

Reply to
BE

If they are 16'' 5 lug stock Honda alloys then you're fine.

Reply to
Alan

They were 16" 5-lug and 6 spoke Honda wheels. I backed out of this deal when I researched the tires that came with them - Goodyear Wrangler HP's - and found nothing but comments about how truly awful these tires are.

Be

Reply to
BE