Can Odyssey air filter be cleaned for re-use?

I just replaced my 2001 Odyssey's engine air filter for the first time at

35K miles. I decided not to discard the old filter because to my eye it looked not so dirty. Can this be cleaned up reasonably well with compressed air and reused later? Or, perhaps, soaked in something wherein the dust and dirt would loosen and sink to the bottom of the soak-pan? Would getting this filter wet ruin the fibers? (and I would repeat this question for the cabin air filter, even though I haven't actually changed it yet).

thanks!

Bill

Reply to
BE

Bad idea. You are quite likely to create micro-tears in the element.

Disposable air filters are just that, disposable.

John

Reply to
John Horner