Honda civic 1998 - CD player

Hello,

This is my first time to Google groups, i really need some help.

I tried to change the CD player from my boyfriends (It was supposed to be a surprise...) Honda civic 1998, i removed the old one, installed the new player, but i get no power.

What could be the reason? What are the common mistakes & problems with the civics' wiring?

Thank you very much, Jul.

Reply to
foxy.jul

Nothing special about the Civic, though some of them do use the radio to operate the remote entry feature.

Check the fuses? Any left over wires? Double check the way you wired it. Many radios also have a fuse in the radio itself that might have gotten blown during installation.

Reply to
E Meyer

E Meyer Hello,

Thanks for your help.

I looked around and also found some info here, it's not so elaborate -

Do you think i the shop might have sold me bad harness?

Thank you, Jul.

Reply to
foxy.jul

Any comments?

Reply to
foxy.jul

Just a thought. I replaced the stereo in my son's '97 Civic. He had some off and on problems with the power. It turned out that the harness was not staying in tight so I had to tape it on to keep the connections. Double check all the connections to make sure they are tight and you missed nothing. You could always hook up the original system to make sure it's not something in the car.

Reply to
MinnesotaMike

Thank you Mike,

I'll do that, it sounds like a good idea.

Will post the results after i give it a try.

Have a good one. Jul :-)

Reply to
foxy.jul