CD player not working

Ejected a cd from the factory installed cd player in my 2002 Maxima and when I tried to put a new one in, it wouldn't slide in. The player was whirring
as if a cd was in there, then I got an error message F3 and then it shut down. I called my Nissan dealership. They said it would cost $495 to take out the cd player and send it away to be repaired. I called one auto stereo shop and they told me that since it was a factory installed player, I would have to bring it in to the dealership and have them take care of it. Then I called another auto stereo shop and they told me to bring it in and they would see what they could do. Should I rely on an outside shop to repair or replace the cd layer?
Bubby wrote:

Is it a Bose head unit?
I don't believe it is a Bose head unit; it is the cd player that came with the car.

Bubby wrote:

If it's just the standard factory HU, you can probably just pick up a replacement working one from Ebay and swap yours out. That is probably the cheapest solution (and easiest).
Taking the HU out is not hard - just follow the instructions posted at the site already posted.
Cheers, Nirav

Buy a can of comressed air at a camera store and then blow it around inside the CD slot. I'm guessing that there is a fouled sensor in there. If that doesn't work, replace the CD player with an after market player.
You can pull the radio out yourself or have a stereo shop do it and send the radio off for repair to WWW.UNITEDRADIO.com they will give you a est first for thr repair. I have had a unit done in the past by them and their work is good and they stand by their repairs.

when
the
told
an
It's not the radio; it's the cd player. Anyway how would I pull the unit out myself?

Bubby wrote:

First you gently pry the upper vent assembly out. After that it's pretty obvious. I'm sure there are directions on www.maxima.org somewhere.
Unsnap trim around shifter, pull inside of astray/coin cup and remove screw, and then remove screws pop off trim around ac ducts and remove to screws, entire radio assembly and ac assembly will pop out unscrew radio from bracket and then pack well and ship it off

whirring
factory
on
A quick Google and here's one site.