new 2015 CRV (2wd) is 27 mpg city / 34 mpg highway

Amazing mileage for a brick! The new 2015 CRV (2wd) is 27 mpg city / 34 mpg highway.

I guess that this is a function of the CVT transmission. Is this a new transmission for Honda?

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Added it to the US gas-powered Accord line only 2013 model year.

It's great on the highway, my slightly less brick-shaped Accord sedan gets 36++ even at 80mph and can exceed 40mpg at 55mph flat and steady.

But around town no way do I get 27mpg, and in heavy congestion it can fall to 20mpg and below - and make you long for a hybrid. I think even the old-fashioned 5-speed auto got better city mileage. Unless they've retuned and fixed something since 2013.

J.

Reply to
JRStern