Question about wheel lock

Getting there in Arizona. A homeowner may assume mortal danger if facing an intruder in his home, whether a weapon is seen or not. Changed to that last year IIRC. In Phoenix a few years back a car owner was not prosecuted for shooting a fleeing man who had been trying to break into his car.

The first apartment I had, in Oakland CA, was in a very rough neighborhood. My apartment was burglarized three times in a two week period, but nobody ever bothered anybody's car on the street. A quick death was too much to hope for if caught.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Ok. I realized the book quoted is tailored to california law. As the texans would probably say: "california ... where women are like women... and men that way too"

yep. oakland comes across as a screwy place to live in. what were they hoping for if they get caught in the apartment? just curious how different that's from screwing with someone's car.

Reply to
isquat

In the apartment they were expecting to dispose of the residents quickly and privately. They wouldn't come un-armed, you know. It's all a matter of who gets the drop on whom.

Oakland was certainly screwy then, dunno about now. When I lived there the police sent up their first helicopter and it was shot down. Those were the days of Angela Davis and the Black Panthers. The police were just another armed gang roaming the streets. We had a race riot in my high school, and the police refused to come on campus. A few months later the school library was firebombed and the police still wouldn't escort the firemen on campus, so they (wisely) didn't go. It's a good place to be from.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee