Seeking Headlight Adjusting Tool

Looking for place to obtain a headlight adjusting tool for my son's 95 Civic. There's like little ring gears on the adjustment screws and access holes for dropping a tool bit vertically down to engage them.

Looks like it must be a screwdriver type tool with a pinion shaped end, but I've been unsuccessful Googling for it, I must not know what to call it.

Thanks Guys,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

the pinion type tool you seek is called a phillips screwdriver. Chip

Reply to
chip

chip wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yup. That's all it is.

Not one of Honda's better ideas. Problem up here where they spread sand on the roads: The little funnel housing surrounding the gear tends to fill up with sand, then you can't adjust the light.

You have to remove the headlight from the car, remove the funnel (three screws), clean out the sand, and reassemble.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

THWOCK!!!

The sound you just heard was me giving myself a "dope slap".

I tried different sizes of Torx screwdrivers and none fit well enough for me to risk grinding the teeth off those little sheet metal "ring gears".

I'll try a Phillips next time.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Jeff Wisnia wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

If one size doesn't work, try a bigger one.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

-----------------------

There's a picture of the tool in your Owner's Manual too. :-(

Think Japanese, Grasshopper.:-)

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_ _

I was changing the front discs on my daughter's '93 Accord and came across some bolt heads that looked like 12 point reverse Torx. I couldn't find anything to fit them, although an 11 mm socket came close. NAPA couldn't help me. Woe is me! Then my son said they looked like the ones he'd encountered that take a 10 mm 12 point socket.

THWOCK!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee