How to identify 2001 Civic LE

A friend bought a used 2001 Civic LE and is concerned it doesn't say "LE" on the back. The manual doesn't mention a model either, just "2001 Civic".

I can't believe the dealer would lie about this, but is there a reference anywhere that shows what the different levels had?

Thanks! =andrew

andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

halo2 guy

LE? LX, maybe.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

you must mean LX if its got power locks.windows, anti lock breaks, and cruise control its an LX if it has nothing its a DX if it has power locks, air conditioning and nothing else its a special edition, and if its got everything, and the vtec engine, its an SI....asuming its a canadian car

Reply to
Jamco

Andrew Webber wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Go here:

Type in the VIN into the little box at the top right. This will confirm what model you've actually got.

Don't be alarmed by the reports of "records" on your car. That's a ploy to get you to order the report.

I got the report for my car and one of the "records" was "one owner". Well, duh. I AM the original owner. And it didn't mention the fender-bender I was in 3½ years ago.

Reply to
TeGGer®

Thanks. Is there a place online to do that? It's in Quebec.

I'm surprised there's no way to tell from the difference in features (like CD player or heated wing mirrors), were there non-visible differences as well?

andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

I'm sure she said "LE". It has a CD player and heated wing mirrors, those are the things I remember (wasn't in it, just admiring it). It's in Montreal BTW.

Thanks for the advice! =aw

andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

I'm pretty sure she said LE. Thanks for the reply and I'll follow up on the various advice I got.

=aw

andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

Does this mean there was no LE?

Thanks!

andrew [ snipped-for-privacy@wwwebbers.com]

Reply to
Andrew Webber

I guess there was no LE. Found this review online.

I'm surprised the LE wouldn't have an "LE" on the trunk though.