Toyota's troubles Honda's fortune?

Yeah, they replaced the gas tank on my '80 Accord without a quibble. They might be more cooperative when it is a known defect. If it is just a random failure, maybe not,. But so soon out of waranty it would certainly be worth a try.

Reply to
Gordon McGrew

"The answer is always no if you don't ask."

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

what "slack" is that? these retards have shot their load into a dead market with spiraling unemployment - there are no sales to be had.

if they had any brains, they'd have kept their powder dry and gone for increased share into a rising market. but if they had brains, they'd have figured out how to out-compete with the japanese by making decent cars and they wouldn't have stooped this low.

Reply to
jim beam

Thus spake jim beam :

Ford had the leading seller in the F150 for years. But as gas prices started to go up, they just stuck their heads in the sand and put pretty trim packages on the same POS and are now taking it in the ass. And advertising the hell out of the Fusion, which is actually a pretty nice car.

And what does Chevy have to offer? The Cobalt was a decent offering, although not really what I'd call "competitive". And Chrysler is insane. A fracking 7 liter engine as the BASE for most of their cars?!?! But at least a few idiots seem to be buying them. But not enough to apparently be able to keep the company afloat according to some analysts.

If there is any "slack" to be picked up, it'll be transient and will be more than likely to go to Honda or Nissan. Ford and GM still have a very bad reputation (very deservedly) for reliability. Chevy is touting its "Best Reliability" awards, but those are only in the first

6 months of ownership. Let's see how they do 3 years down the road. As far as the supposed "danger" of driving Carol's Camry, we are both skilled enough to figure out how to get out of something as simple as that. Not that the stupid woman last week here who jammed her car into park (tried to) because it was "running away". Oh, did I say it was a 2002 Corolla? Idiots.
Reply to
Dillon Pyron