Accent access panel to fuel filter

The access panel to fuel filter on a Accent appears to be gummed closed. I removed the back seat and have full access to the panel. Do I score the gook under the lid to open the access panel or is there a trick to it?

Reply to
accent

Just pull it open. But underneath, don't be rough with the stiff tubes that go into the fuel pump. The (plastic) fuel pump connectors aren't too strong, and things get ugly if you break them.

Chris

Reply to
Christopher Wong

It's probably just seam sealer. You can score it with a knife. When you are all done you can spread some new on it - available at most auto parts stores.

Reply to
Mike Marlow