2011 Sonata Design

I have little concern buying a Chrysler. Most of the parts are from third parties anymore anyway so parts availability for almost any wear item is not a problem. Warranty repairs are the main concern, but I don't expect Chrysler to disappear. Someone will buy them and in almost all likelihood will honor past vehicle warranties. To do otherwise would be a PR disaster and would seriously limit their future sales as few people will buy from a company that would abandon past customers like that.

I actually would be more worried about buying an Entourage since it had a limited production run and thus even salvage yards won't be a good source for parts. I nearly bought one a year ago as the local dealer had some killer prices on the last 4 on his lot. Fortunately, I found out that the model was being discontinued and that is a key reason I decided to wait a while longer.

I may look at the crossovers a little longer, but frankly none of them much appeal to me.

Matt

Reply to
Voyager

He is a courier covering the CT, NYC, RI, Western MA, Southern NH/VT and Albany areas. He makes mostly daily trips, many 7 days/week. But hey, he likes it. Me? I couldn't do it. I have trouble driving 5-6 hours.

Reply to
bobmct

Sounds like a great second career to me. I have no problem driving 8-10 hours in a stretch! However, I have never done it more than 3-4 days running so it might get old if done week after week.

Matt

Reply to
Voyager

The 6 and 7 days a week does not sound like fun though, as I get older. I can think of only two Sunday's that I've worked in the past 20 years and maybe 5 or 6 Saturdays. Could be interesting though, especially if it is a different trip each time.

Right now I have a stress free job with lots of independence. Retirement will be cutting back to maybe 3 days a week. Meantime, I actually like going to work. Honest.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski