accent 2000 engine code

hello,

on which Web site I could find the code of the engine for my accent 2000.

And in which way I can the verifier without engine scan tool... I believe that it is in box fuses, needs jump 2 connectors... but which

excuse my bad english

michel

Reply to
User Mike

You'll need an OBD-II code reader to get codes from a 2000 Accent. The connector is under the left side of the dash.

You can find information at

You'll need to sign up for an account, but it's free.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Hello hyundaitech,

thank you a lot for the answer.

i have try

but a can register, because a use UNIX and i can't have explorer, i have try firefox, mozilla, epiphany, i a can't complete the registration.

mike

Reply to
User Mike

I'll do my best to describe the connector here. What you have in your car may be turned 180 degrees.

Along the top of the connector, there are two pins (or spaces), then the opening for a detent taking up the space of two pins, then three pins (or spaces). Along the bottom there are seven pins (or spaces).

According to the diagram, the MPI diagnosis pin is in the top right. If the connector is turned upside down on your car, the pin will be in the lower left.

Connect the positive lead of a sweep voltmeter to the MPI diagnosis pin and the negative lead to ground.

The data will be output as a series of long and short pulses. The codes will be given in series. Each code has two digits. The first digit is the number of long pulses. The second digit is the number of short pulses. You may have more than one code.

For example, long-short-short-short is code 13. When you get the code(s), repost and let me know what they are.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Oops. Ignore the last post. I mistakenly thought you were working on an older vehicle. You'll need an OBD-II code reader like I said before. Sorry.

Reply to
hyundaitech