AT fluids 9i 4 cyl

Is it reasonable and safe to add dexron to toyota AT fluid? Any great differences between both? Thank you, Seamus J. Wilson

Reply to
Seamus J. Wilson

There will be, and has been, alot of discussion on this question. You'll hear horror stories about every brand including the Toyota branded fluid. From a users standpoint, all I have used in my Toyota has been Mobil ATF and I have over 115,000 miles on my 1997 Camry. I do change the fluid every

15,000 miles for the differential and the transmission and have yet to have a problem.

The primary reason I have used Mobil is cost.

Reply to
Greg B

When your dipstick or Owners Manual says Dexron II or III, then fine. When your specs call out for Toyota T-IV fluid (as more and more late model Toyotas do), then do not top off or replace with Dexron or Mercon.

--

- Philip @ Maximum Torque RPM
Reply to