Best Rated threads in Hyundai Cars and SUV Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2000 automatic elantra wont shift from drive to reverse
just bought a 2000 Haundi elantra drives fine but, won't go into reverse from drive
4
4

Sonata lower armrest pad latch
I need to replace the lower (main) compartment latch on our 2009 Sonata. I took off the 4 screws that hold the bottom panel on to access the latch. It looked easy but, the panel will not pry off. I'm...
5
5

2002 Santa Fe Rough Idle After Fueling
Every time I fuel my Santa Fe it's very hard to start and to keep running for a couple of minutes, it will die if I keep the idle high. This only happens when I get gas. I don't overfill the tank. Any...
13
13

Sonata armrest pad latch
I have a 2008 Sonata. A couple of days ago, the latch for the upper compartment in the center console broke. It is just plastic, but I am surprised that it broke so easily. I went to the dealer, and...
12
12

Is $475 installed, for a replacement fuel pump on a 2002 SantaFe, 6 cyl., fair ???
This is what Pep Boys are quoting me and they say it is a 3 + hour job. D= oesnt seem right . If they are right in the ballpark, then fine because i= t is so convenient versus my closest Hyundai...
7
7

Anyone ever replaced an A/C compressor on an 2020 Sonata GLS?
For the past couple year, my mechanic's recharged my system around April with the expensive stuff that has that sealer leak stuff in it and it's lasts me for at least 9 months. As usual, March rolls...
11
11

Elantra clutch fluid - what type?
I've got a 2003 Elantra with a 5 speed manual transmission. The clutch fluid reservoir could use topping up, but I was not able to find any information in the manual regarding the type of fluid to...
2
2

Bypass amplifier?
I'm trying to install an aftermarket Sony CD receiver in my '05 Sonata. There's power to the unit but no sound. Is there an amplifier on this car I need to bypass? If so, how?
14
14

Replacing wheel lug stud -- 2004 Santa Fe
I had a nail in my tire, and a slow leak, today and I went to a tire place (Just Tires) to have the tire repaired. It was a rear tire on my 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe, 3.5L, all wheel drive, with 4-wheel...
4
4

Re: Disable seat belt alarm on 2006 Hyundai Sonata
I don't see a blue wire in the schematic. After looking at the schematic, I find it possible that the system works the way you describe, but that's not clear either. From what I've seen, it's possible...
7
7

Can't find heater core hoses -- 2004 Santa Fe 3.5L
I have a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L AWD. I want to "back flush" the heater core, but I can't find the hoses that go to the heater core. I can only see the main radiator hoses that go in and out of the...
2
2

Hyundai reveals new i20 hatchback ahead of Paris debut
This is a cute little car. View the attachments for this post at:
2
2

2002 Santa Fe door lock problems
My 2002 Santa Fe started having problems yesterday. When I use the key fob to lock the doors all of the doors lock except the front passenger door, then the lights start to flash and stop and then...
1
1

Locks clicking
after I locked the suv the back lights started to flash then they would stop and start up again. I opened all of the doors and then closed and locked them gain. Now the locks keeps clicking like it is...

my dash lights in my 2006 hyundai accent are not working,What can I do?
How can I have my Dash Lights on my 2006 Hyundai Accent working again?
5
5

2006 Sonata squeaky sound
Hello, My 2006 Sonata makes a squeaky sound on rough roads, when going over a speed bump or sometimes when it sways or bounces. I've taken it to the dealership and they can't find out what it is....
3
3

2008 Sonata with 2.4. Timing belt or chain?
Subject says it all. The Gates Timing Belt manual that I have, does not list a the Sonata with a 2.4 having a belt starting with 2006. Does this mean that it is a chain? Thanks, KM
2
2

Anyone replaced their Valve Cover Gasket on 2002-2005 Sonata by themselves?
I know I posted this a few weeks back as having "seals" issue but it was Valve Cover Gasket. Being at 139K, I am getting the occasional smoke from under the hood from oil leaking on something hot...
2
2

99 hyundai accent check engine light comes on after rain
I have a 99 hyundai accent GL 4door automatic transmission...whenever we get a steady rain or hard rain for a day or more the next time i use my car the check engine light comes on shortly after i...
3
3

02 Sonata GLS Trouble Code P0445: So it turned out to be a...
...monster hole in one of the hoses next to the fuel tank / canister. Later, they (dealer) said it was throwing a P0455 so it's possible the PCV was bad but there was also a hose leak to deal with....