Bummer day....

Well, go to town today for errands and I'll be damned if some bonehead backed into the left side of the hood and headlamp. The bad thing is that the jerk bailed!!!

4 months old!!! Anyway, the major cost will be the headlamp. The paint can be touched up and buffed. Avoiding the insurnace company...

Thanks for letting me vent!!!!

Reply to
Steve Richards

Hit the salvage yards for that headlamp assembly. Failing that, try Keystone. There's great savings to be had out there. Check out

Mike Marlow

As a bodyshop estimator... I'd say good luck finding a 2008 headlamp already, as for Keystone, make sure its CAPA certified, otherwise you will have fitment issues. Half the time I just try and price match OEM parts to what the cheapass insurance companies want to pay for aftermarket parts, because I don't want to have to deal with the headache of the owner not liking the quality of the parts.

You'd be surprised what insurance companies try and get us to do.

Reply to
Paradox

My best friend is an adjuster for an insurance company. You are right. As far as salvage yards having 2008's yet, that could be an issue, but it's not a guarantee that 08's won't be in the salvage stream yet. Many of the parts sold by Keystone now are CAPA certified, even if they don't carry the premium label. I haven't purchased any Hyundai parts from Keystone yet, so I can't speak to their fit for non-CAPA certified parts. I do know that in the domestic brands (and in particular GM), their parts fit well whether certified or not. It's actually getting harder to even get non-CAPA certified parts. Some of the imports from Japan have given me trouble in the past. All of that said, parts like the headlamp module etc. don't generally seem to cause the problems with fitting that sheet parts do. At least from my experience.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Well, not so bad afterall. After a few calls to the VA clinic and ruffling of some feathers, they "found" the guy's information that he had dropped off at the front desk. Contacted him and got an estimate- $921. He wants to settle without the ins. co, so we'll see. Waiting on him to decide what he wants to do.

1 headlamp assy - not in dealer's part system yet and chrome hood moulding.

Just want my baby back in beautiful shape!!!

Reply to
Steve R.