Considering a new Sonata GLS

I am trying to purchase a new Sonata GLS. Any reason why I should not buy one? Any reason why I should buy one? I've driven my '99 Accord for 11 years/ 176k, have to replace it because a nice woman pulled out in front of me. Drove the new Accord overnite, then the Sonata overnite the next nite, I give Sonata the edge by several notches. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance, Wade

Reply to
Wade

Wade,

I'm biased 'cuz I just purchased a Sonata SE to replace a 2007 Sonata SE.

Why not? Well you can only get a 2.4 liter 4. And the design does cause some rear vision obstruction -- in some peoples opinion. The Sonata historically has a lower trade-in value than an Accord. That may well change but it will take time.

Why should you buy? The 2.4 4 puts out 198 HP (200 in the SE). It's rated

22 city and 35 highway. So far I can confirm that rating. I've had it up to 44 mpg on pure highway driving. Right now the car computer shows 30.1 combined for the last thousand miles.

And it costs a lot less than an equally equipped Accord.

Best of luck

Reply to
Don

Another poster mentioned resale value. Historically, it has not been the best, bt I treded an 07 for a 10 and got a good deal.

IMO, Hyundai is the best automotive value out there. Quality has been good. My 07 had 67,000 miles and no repairs, just oil changes and a couple of tires. FWIW, I have the Limited and like the extra little features it comes with, but the drivetrain is the same.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It is a lot of car for the money. After test driving I decided not to buy for 2 reasons. With the small windows I could not safely see out of it. The 4 cylinder engine was noisy, I am used to driving 6's. The Azera seems to solve the problems. I did not like the new Accord either.

Reply to
Ray