Elantra error codes

I've had a dash light on for a while and today had the codes pulled:

P0036 P0137 02 sensor low voltage P0133 02 sensor slow response P0038

Any insight into what these mean and what needs to be fixed will be much appreciated.

Reply to
Victek

Here is the 36 and 38, but you can find all the codes and some give you brand specific.

Ed Pawlowski

P0036: O2 Sensor 2 bank 1, heater control circuit malfunction P0038: O2 sensor 2 bank 1, heater control circuit high P0137: O2 sensor 2 bank 1, low voltage

Suspect a defective downstream oxygen sensor, or improperly routed wiring damaged on the axle shaft.

P0133: O2 Sensor 1 bank 1, slow response

Primarily suspect an exhaust leak in the flexpipe, but could also be caused by a defective sensor.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks for the replies. I had it fixed and my receipt says they replaced "heater sensor B1 S2". They cleared the codes, test drove it and said it remained clear. I'll bring it back to the smog shop tomorrow and see if they concur.

Reply to
Victek

You may want to wait a day or three, or at least ask before you get tested. Some cars take a while to be able to give proper readings for the test.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks for the tip. I'll post back with results :-)

Reply to
Victek

Reply to
Partner

Not just the amount, but the particular type and sequence of driving.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Thanks again for all the responses. My car passed the second smog check no problem. Now I have to work on the upholstery :-)

Reply to
Victek