Good dealer experience

My old local dealer, in Trenton, NJ, used to be absolutely horrible. I did everything I could to stay away from them. Well, about a year ago a tornado struck their facility (tornados are EXTREMELY rare in this area) and pretty much destroyed about 1/2 of what they had.

Starting early last week, the blower on my 2003 Elantra started working only in the HIGH position. Before going to the dealer, I did everything I could to figure out why. I also have a 2002 Elantra, and all of the parts were interchangeable, so I swapped out, part by part, everything that I thought effected the blower operation. Nothing fixed the problem.

Finally I gave up and called the dealer. Amazingly, they told me to bring the car over that day after work and they would at least take a look. I got there at 3:00PM. By 4:00PM they had not only fixed the blower problem, but also performed 2 recalls that I didn't even know about, AND found and replaced a broken bushing that was apparently causing my elusive alignment problems.

The most amazing thing is that because they wanted to get me done, and they didn't have a part in stock, they went out on their used car lot and took the part off another Elantra!!

So, now my blower works, and after going back to the shop that did my alignment originally, my car finally feels like I remember it did before all these problems started.

BTW, the blower problem turned out to be a bad resistor block. I didn't even know I had a resistor block :-)

Eric

Reply to
green99