Re: My Florida Dealer Experience

You got off easy. Get over it, you accepted their price and should have done your research before buying. The more the salesperson sells the car for, the more he makes. Once you give them the money, you are nobody again.

10.27.2003 > > My wife and I purchased a 2003 Alty SE from Bill Ray Nissan in Longwood, > Florida back in April. Just for the record, we also purchased a 2000 > Mitsubishi Eclipse GT for my wife the same night. After deciding on the > model, color and options we sat down with the salesman and asked him, and I > quote,"Do you offer any discount to employees of ****** Corp?"(worldwide > company with over 85,000 employees). He said, " I'm not sure, let me go > check" He 'supposedly' went to the Finance Managers office to ask him. When > he came back he said, "No, sorry". We then proceeded with the paperwork and > completed the deal, which at the time, we were satisfied with. > > Well, two months later one of my wife's co-workers came into the office > with a new 2003 Altima and saw my wife driving ours (mine) and he mentioned > the great ****** Corp. discount he got > through a local Nissan dealer. You know that hot feeling you get across your > forehead when you start getting pissed? Well, I started to burn when she > called me. > > After making a call to our dealer acting like someone looking for a new > Altima and asking about a ****** Corp. discount we found out BILL RAY NISSAN > DOES, and DID, offer discounts to employees of her company. Now it seems our > problem was we didn't use the proper terminology when we asked about the > discount. We used her company name rather than the letters VPP, which is > the name of the plan her company gets the discount under. I call that pure > unadulterated DECEIT (ok..LIE) > > I spoke with the salesman twice. He never referred my problem to the Sales > Manager. I left messages explaining my problem for the Sales Manager twice. > He never returned my calls. After writing the Orlando Sentinel ' Last Resort > ' column and explaining my story, THEY eventually got the General Manager to > call me. After explaining the deceit, of either his salesman or Finance > Manager, or BOTH, he asked what I wanted to " Make it Good ". > I told him I wanted him to do the right thing...the same thing HE would want > if HE were deceived (lied to) by a car salesman. He asked for the weekend to > think it over. > > Well. I spoke to him again today and he's (BILL RAY NISSAN, LONGWOOD, > FLORIDA) not going to do ANYTHING. Even after agreeing we " weren't treated > right ". > > SO, BUYER BEWARE at this dealership. They have no qualms with their > salespeople deceiving their customers (and we're a RETURN customer). I just > wanna make sure no one here takes the ride I took. It's dealers like this > that give all dealers a black eye. I'm also going to post this on the > Infinity and Nissan dealer experience forums. > > *I won't even get into the side sills and two hats and shirts they owe me > and I STILL haven't received. > > Thanks for lettin me vent !! > > >
Reply to
AV

That's the whole point of this email is to somehow hopefully send a message that will change the dealers attitude about conduct wiht a customer today, who they may want for a good reference or at least conduct business with in the future.

That is a stiff problem with American companies today, short term gain and profit rather than long term relationship and susstained growth.

rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

Believe me. they don't read or care about these things.

Reply to
KINGLIFER

It is very unfortunate that dealers do this and other things to make/save a dollar. It's too bad these messages / experiences really don't hurt the dealerships too much. If someone is going to buy a car from that dealer and find out about these "problems" I doubt they will go elsewhere - they will just be better consumers and be "on guard." Dealerships will always sell cars unless a REALLY big problem or constant dishonest practices are well known / connected to a certain dealer.

Other problems / polices will always continue. When I bought my 2000 Altima in March 2000, I had to goto 3 dealers before I can make a deal WITHOUT putting down a deposit on my VISA card. They all said that a deposit is a MUST, until the third dealership I went to. I ended up getting a very good price and I bought the car at Woodchester Nissan that same afternoon. I just bought a new 2003 Chevy Venture the same way - I refused to put a deposit down until I got the price I wanted. I had to visit 5 dealers in the Toronto/Mississauga area. When I first started talking to the sales people, I told them upfront - NO DEPOSIT. Then after 5-10 minutes, they start in saying it's a requirement / good faith for a deposit. They started at $ 1000 then down to $ 200 just for me to "show good faith." I said no and left - they lost a sale. I decided to get the car on a Monday, looked around until Wednesday, and then bought it on a Thursday for cash at Addison in Mississauga. It's ironic how dumb these sales people are when they try to bully the consumer - I'm sure it works for them most of the time.

This shows that the consumer is in charge / power. Research your what you want and don't be pressured. You will always get a good deal.

Reply to
Martin

Nice post. I guess I am lucky here in Ohio. I purchased my last several new vehicles over the phone. Much more convenient.

Reply to
ppointer

Reply to
Martin

I wish a car would be as simple as

Carmax.

Reply to
John

Three cars and three different dealers. I certainly had a couple of dealers decline to do business. But must have been 6 out of 8 that I called that were willing to talk hard prices, if I remember correctly. I was able arrange all of the factors of lease terms, options, additional accessories (trailer hitch and bug guard on my past couple of SUVs) and delivery. I faxed my credit application for each lease. I simply conducted these dealings the same way I would treat any other business arrangement -- with complete professionalism. In my case, that seems to bring about pretty good behavior from the dealerships I've worked with.

Reply to
ppointer

We bought my son's current car over the Internet, through CarsDirect. Saved about $200 off of dealer's cost (according to Edmund's).

Well worth it just not to have to deal with the scum at the dealerships. I'll never buy a car by walking into a showroom again.

Reply to
Rich Cervenka

Amateurs.

If you want to see professional rudeness to customers I dare you to go to Universal City Nissan in Hollywood California.

I walked out of there at 2pm last Sunday after being insulted by some Iranian Salesmoron (why don't you come back when we are closed and steal it he asked) and I was driving home two hours later in my new 03 Frontier XE CC from Corona Nissan - lol.

Get consumer report pricing, go to carsdirect.com, go to nissanusa.com, search for the car you want in dealers inventory and fax your offers to them = easy peasy. You have got to know what car you want though and be ready to walk the walk.

-- Team EuroMeko

iBuyMinis.Us