My 04 Sonata heater quit working

This isn't a good time to not have a heater (SW PA). When I got in my car today, and turned on the heater, the fan never came on. I can hear a faint click from around the glove box area, but no fan. Also when I tried the AC buttons, they never lit up. All the other buttons in the heater control area seem to be ok.

I checked fuses and they seems to be ok. Could the fan have died? Would this still be covered under warranty? (42,000 miles)

Reply to
me

I had quite the same problem, does the fan works in the maximun speed? If it works, it is the heater resistance.

Reply to
MP

Basic warranty is 5 years/60,000 miles. Unless it?s a blown fuse or something similar, it should be covered by your warranty. Take it in for warranty service.

"me" wrote: > This isn't a good time to not have a heater (SW PA). When I > got in my > car today, and turned on the heater, the fan never came on. I > can hear > a faint click from around the glove box area, but no fan. Also > when I > tried the AC buttons, they never lit up. All the other buttons > in the > heater control area seem to be ok. > > I checked fuses and they seems to be ok. Could the fan have > died? > Would this still be covered under warranty? (42,000 miles)

Reply to
Hyundaitech

No, fan doesn't work at any position. I can hear a slight click sound from the fan when I turn the switch on (the click comes from behind the glove box area)

Reply to
me

Thanks. I'll give them a call. Have them also check out that pesky Check Engine light (that this is a pain, it's always coming on)

Reply to
me